Important letters / Information
Currently Covid 19 cases are above average in Shildon. We must all work together to help protect each other. If your child is ill no matter what the reason they must not come into school.
Lateral Flow Tests are for adults and secondary age children who do not have symptoms. Rapid lateral flow tests help to find cases in people who may have no symptoms but are still infectious and can give the virus to others. They are NOT to be used by primary school children.
If you or your child has symptoms you must take a PCR test.
Covid symptoms in children;
- A high temperature
- A new continuous cough (this means coughing a lot, for more than 1 hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- A loss or change to sense of smell or taste ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- 08.03.21 – Return to School – Return to School – March
- 26.01.21 – Remote Learning Policy – Remote Learning Policy 2021
- 05.01.21 – Tackling Coronavirus this term – Email to Parents
- 27.10.20 – Durham County Council FSM
- 28.08.20 – Parent letter – Sep 2020 start
- 28.08.20 – COVID 19 Risk Assessment – Aug
- 27.08.20 – Uniform leaflet – Covid 19 Amended version
- 15.06.20 – COVID 19 School Risk Assessment
- 15.06.20 – Covid Home School Agreement
- 10.06.20 – DPH DCC Letter Schools Returning
- 22.05.20 – Return to school Letter – 22.05.20
- 13.05.20 – DFE Guidance for Parents and Carers
- 13.05.20 – Preparing your child to return to school
- 24.04.20 (Year 1 – Year 6 ) – Dear Parents
- 24.04.20 (Reception) – Dear Reception Parents
- 24.04.20 (Nursery) – Dear Nursery Parents
- 24.04.20 – Seesaw Final Parent Consent
Keeping in touch with Class Teachers
Seesaw – this is our school’s online learning platform, which is the preferred method of communication and work for our children. There are daily tasks and a registration question to be answered by 11am.
Class teacher’s emails are on the class pages.
Useful Advice and Information
View the Durham County Council Coronavirus section for latest news, updates and guidance.
Support for Parents
SEND support during Coronavirus
To contact the school SENCO please use: email@example.com
Some useful contact and support – Help and Support throughout school close down for SEND children
Helping children understand Coronavirus
Axel Scheffler has illustrated a digital book for primary school age children, free for anyone to read on screen or print out, about the coronavirus and the measures taken to control it. You can download a copy of the book here
The book answers key questions in simple language appropriate for 5 to 9 year olds:
• What is the coronavirus?
• How do you catch the coronavirus?
• What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
• Why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
• Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
• Why are some places we normally go to closed?
• What can I do to help?
• What’s going to happen next?
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.