This section of our website is focused on our Curriculum and provides an overview of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and the Curriculum offer for children in Years 1 to 6. The Curriculum is all the planned activities that the school organises in order to promote learning, personal growth and development. Please see the attached document about how we teach all subjects at Thornhill Primary School. If you would like further information about your our curriculum please contact the school.
You can view our Curriculum Content and our approach to each individual subject.
You can find out more about what each class is learning about by visiting the our classes section of our website.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
All children in our school follow the primary curriculum.
The school’s teaching and curriculum is tailored to meet individual pupils’ needs. If appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented. Children may benefit from the following to support their needs:
- A variety of teaching and learning styles
- Differentiated learning materials and resources
- Access to ICT
- Additional in class support
- Additional out of class support (External agencies)
- Support through – one to one interaction, group activities or whole class work
- A broad range of extra-curricular activities, including a variety of after-school clubs, one to one support and booster sessions
- Assessment procedures to ensure children are monitored and given the appropriate support.
- Advice & Support from outside agencies
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.
You may need a product like Adobe Reader (free download) to view our PDF documents on our website.